7 Things to Do with Your Kids During Lockdown
Although the total lockdown in many countries has come to an end, you still need to stick with your kids. The new regulations in Finland and many other countries still require keeping children within boundaries. There are many ways parents on Suomiarvostelut do this. However, one of the most effective means is to engage kids.
Engaging your children during your leisure period makes them feel alive. They feel among the family. Perhaps, they won’t even feel the impact of the lockdown and the changes it brought to their lives. Opinions on CoolShop show that kids can even enjoy their toys when parents seldom engage them while they play with toys. It is a challenging time. You can spice up your activities through the following:
- Bake: It doesn’t matter what it is that you want to bake. Kids would love to be with you while creating something yummy. They will help with picking your tools and stirring flour or sugar. Baking with an oven or toaster (which is eco-friendly) will engage them. They’ll have a pure interaction with you. Baking will also serve as a means to teach them how to bake (even if it is not directly). This will help them learn new skills during the lockdown.
- Digital Storytime: If you’ll be busy at a particular time, tuning to a favorite channel could be another way to engage them. There are channels for kids on Netflix. During the lockdown, having your kids watch and listen to stories that could change them could be an essential gift.
- Go on a Bear Hunt: You may not have heard of this phenomenon. However, if you’ve been a parent for a while, you would have. You can read more about it. Going on a bear hunt is like walking around a block. You can hide the best somewhere and have the kids look for it.
- Exercise Together: The lockdown is a period where you’ll be at home most of the time. Staying fit could keep you and your kids healthy. Engaging in workouts, explosive or not, can help to release energy and keep your bodies active. If you don’t know the activities to engage in, try calisthenics for workouts without equipment. You can also see examples of workouts on YouTube.
- Digital Learning: There are many platforms through which your kids can be kept busy learning new things. Create a space that’ll aid learning and let them enjoy the moment with you. You can even use digital game websites like Kids National Geographic and Shepherd Software, etc.
- Clean Toys: Don’t think it is childish.Cleaning your kids could make them more comfortable with you. Pick a bucket of water and fill it with warm water. Add a few drops of detergent and wipe the surfaces along with your kids.
- Virtually Tour the World: With tools like Chrome’s Google Earth, via 3D, you can explore different places in the world in a few minutes.
All these will keep your kids engaged for a reasonable amount of time every day. It will also increase the bonding of the family.